Thursday, August 4, 2011

Birdwells

It seems to be the latest trend these days to sport vintage to some degree in your wardrobe. Whether it is an actual vintage piece found from a thrift store (find of a century-burberry scarf!), or a new article inspired by a vintage trend, you sport entire vintage outfits, or just a piece here and there, it doesn't really matter, just as long as you are rockin' something.
If you look on top of someone's head this year, 7 out of ten times it's going to be a pair of classic Ray Bans. If you look in a girl's closet, you will probably find one or more pairs of espadrilles. You can only imagine my excitement when I heard my Dad exclaim from across the store, "I used to to wear these!" while holding up brightly colored board shorts. Birdwells.

Not only were these a newly made vintage article, but they also captured the essence of the boyfriend trend that I have only started dipping my toes into. Boyfriend jeans, and long black boyfriend blazers have already hit the commercial market, and I was determined to add board shorts to that list. They were popular on guys and gals back then, so they have to be popular for girls now as well, right? Of course, I had to rock them in purple. However, they also come in an array of colors: yellow, light teal (gorgeous), dark teal, black, red, orange, carolina blue. Be sure to check them out if you're at a Berts, or surf shop, and see if you like the vintage "surfer" look!

No comments:

Post a Comment